Recipe: Spaghetti Squash Boats with Sauteed Ground Turkey
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- Cavendar's Greek Seasoning (can use salt, pepper, & tomato basil seasoning alternatively)
- Olive Oil
- Shredded Cheese (Cheddar or your favorite) - Optional
- Preheat oven to 400'F
- Cut the Spaghetti Squash in half long-ways & Scoop out the seeds & guts
- Brush Olive oil on the inside of both sides & season with Cavendar's
- Put on Aluminum Foil & into Oven face up for 45 minutes
- Saute olive oil, garlic, and diced onion in a pan on medium heat- let cook until transleucent
- Add the ground turkey & Cavendar's seasoning and mix with garlic & onions
- Add the chopped tomatoes or tomato sauce after about 5 minutes. Cover and let simmer until turkey is cooked through.
- If there is a lot of liquid, uncover for a few minutes at the end before combining with squash
- When squash is done, take out of oven and fluff with a fork, pulling the squash to make the spaghetti strands in each boat.
- Fill each boat with some ground turkey over the spaghetti.
- Add fresh shredded cheese if you like on top
- Put back into oven for another 5 minutes